Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Poster design for Batman: The Dark Knight is revealed

I like movies in general, but for a few exceptions, I'm hardly impressed (graphically) by their posters. The Dark Knight Returns' teaser poster is one of these exceptions. I like it very much: it's all about character and story, nothing about the cast.

- It omits showing the characters, but they could never be more present than this, even if you knew only a little about the Bat-lore.
- Again, without seeing the Joker at all, the poster clearly states we will not deal with anything close to Romero or Nicholson's portrayals. This Joker seems to mean deadly business, and if I had kids, I'd reconsider right away bringing them to the theater.
- The graffiti approach gives us the impression the posters are there to taunt Bats and that the release date of the flick will be a showdown not to miss.

I know I won't.

No comments: